Pokemon Generations: The King Returns (Episode 15)

Poke-fusion?


Well there's a first time for everything, and this week's episode definitely proved that. It was such an amazing episode that it made me wonder why all anime isn't this good. There is a good handful of anime that's brilliant don't get me wrong, but when you have a short series like Pokemon Generations, it makes you wonder why there aren't more hidden gems like this out there.

The King Returns is still based in the Unova Region and continues on from The Frozen World with Kyurem under the control of Team Plasma. Ghetsis is using it to create an ice age in Unova which as you saw in The Frozen World, worked well against Gym Leader Drayden who failed in saving Opelucid City from Team Plasma. It's definitely a strong episode and has everything you could ask for: good score playing in the background, Legendary Pokemon, strong storyline, and Pokemon Fusion.


What? Pokemon Fusion?! Yes guys, The King Returns debuts DNA Splicers in Pokemon Generations, and as to which Pokemon are fused together I will not mention, but wow did they look badass. Sorta reminded me of Digimon.

Anyway, The King Returns features Ghetsis and new protagonist N (loving his appearanceđź’š) who flies in on Reshiram to stop Ghetsis and Kyurem. Turns out that N can communicate with Reshiram (think Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX being able to communicate with Winged Kuribo) and was told about Kyurem. N comes to stop Ghetsis and Kyurem, but fails to do so and is about to be defeated before another Trainer with a Zekrom arrives just in time. That Trainer's face isn't shown, but he may show up in the next Region, or it could be Ash since his silhouette kind of reminded me of him.

There's not much action in this episode, but for me it was the conversations that took the limelight so I didn't mind. With the score that played in the final scenes, there was a lot of emotion that could be felt between N and Reshiram, and N and Ghetsis. Their opposing views on Pokemon and the world was what made this episode great, and like I said, this was the first episode that made me wonder why all anime isn't as good as this one episode, because they were so different yet the characters were so close. You'll understand what I mean if you haven't seen the episode yet, but it's definitely one of the must watch episodes out there.

This looks to be the final episode in the Unova Region, and I'm assuming the next Region will be the Kalos Region. Forgive me if I'm wrong, I haven't exactly caught up with the newer Pokemon games and anime. The Unova Region still claims the throne for being the best Region in Pokemon Generations with its storyline, action and characters, and I've seen the episodes a few times and I don't take back what I've said. I'm aware of some hate for the Pokemon Black & White games, but I think how the Unova Region is portrayed in Pokemon Generations makes up for that. Try it, they're definitely a must watch bunch of episodes, starting from The Uprising.

What is your favourite Region from the series so far? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Comments